Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Battle JAG - Phase 1.5.1

Last Friday I qualified (passed the course) on the M4/A1.  It was not pretty, I barely qualified on the Army's range which consists of seven pop-up targets (shaped like people) from ranges of 50m to 300m.  It was a very ugly day to shoot.  It was like being in the Pacific Northwest again.  The temperature was in the 50's, it was raining all day and wind was about 10-15 mph.  In short, I'm glad it's over.  I'm hoping to have another opportunity to obtain an expert rifle qualification before I depart Fort Dix, but I'm not holding my breath.  Money is tight and thus getting additional training is very difficult.  It's almost as difficult as getting a shirt properly dry cleaned. 

Shortly after arriving at Fort Dix on March 23rd, I dropped a shirt off at the base dry cleaners.  When I went to pick it up the first time, I could see the stains on the collar while it was still hanging on the rack ten feet away.  Despite sending it back for a second time, they still didn't get it right and they have now had it nearly three weeks.  I'm hoping that they'll have it back before I depart the country...we'll see.  I already miss Celebrity Cleaners on Bristol St. in Newport Beach as they always get any stains out of my shirts--no less in one day!

That's all for now.

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment