Monday, March 18, 2013

Life Without a Car

Sometimes it's the little things that remind you how good one "has it." I sold my car yesterday and purchased a multi-day transit pass to get around San Diego until I travel to Fort Dix for my combat skills training. It was an eye opening experience to travel for 1.5 hours for a destination that was less than ten miles away.

The experience was a firsthand reminder of the challenges some people face everyday just to get to and from work on a daily basis. While I have complained about my 45 minute commute (19 miles), at least I had the option to pull over and/or stop without fear of missing the next trolley or bus and having to wait for the next one.

It's just a reminder of the little things we often forget as we move through life.

Regards,
Ben

2 comments:

  1. The trolley is pretty sweet in SD though right? Gets you around and isn't as bad as the bus! Keep up the posts, man, best of luck in training.

    ReplyDelete