Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The New Digs

On 1 October I transferred to my new FOB -- Camp Eggers -- which is located in the capital of Kabul.  What's particularly interesting about Camp Eggers is that it is a neighborhood in Kabul that has been converted into a FOB.  The buildings on camp are a combination of pre-existing structures and portable housing and working units inside a walled off area.  This offers some interesting sights such as: a well pump, trees (something I've rarely seen during my first five months in country), a fountain and some interesting architecture (the SJA's office where I work):

Flag Circle showing all of our partner nations.

 Where I live (1st Floor).

 An idea of how crowded things are here.


 The water pump in the middle of camp.

Trees, trees and more trees...something I hadn't seen in a long time!  Next are photos of the building where I work.



 The (dry) fountain that has really beautiful stonework (the fish in background).

No comments:

Post a Comment