Monday, October 28, 2013

Hoplite Trek 2013 - Camp Eggers, Kabul, Afghanistan


Today I completed one of the most challenging physical events that I have participated in. It was a tribute to the Hoplites (ancient Greek warriors) and consisted of a two-person team event where each member ran a 5K followed by a total of 130 pushups (total per team) and 60 pullups (total per team) followed by a a 5K (35 lb.) ruck followed by another battery of 130 pushups and 60 pullups followed by a final 5K run. As the elder statesmen of the competition my teammate and I were cheered on as the "Masters" while completing the race in the middle of the pack. Note that we were the only non-trigger puller types competing as we are Judge Advocates. A shout out to my teammate Major Andy Smith, US Army for pairing up with me so that I could compete in the event.

Some pictures from today's race:


Before the Pain Begins...

First 5K...lookin' easy...or so we think.

The 5K ruck after the first 5K run and first battery of pullups and pushups...still feelin' okay.

Pullups Part II...




Pushups Part II....



Second 5K...beginning to feel the burn...everywhere!


Finishing with a "Fight On!" for my Trojan brothers & sisters everywhere.

Asking ourselves why we did this to ourselves.

Our prize for challenging ourselves!



The Group Photo of all entrants.



No comments:

Post a Comment