Saturday, May 11, 2013

What a Long Strange Trip it's Been

After departing Kyrgyzstan, I finally arrived in Afghanistan on May 4th.  However, I have thus far been unable to get to my "initial" final destination of Herat.  I was stranded in Kandahar for four and a half days followed by a three day stay in Kabul (my present location) via Camp Leatherneck/Bastion. 

Hopefully, I'll be able to make it out in the next few days on "Space-A" (space available = standby).  I'm not holding my breath.  In all fairness, I have been enjoying my tour of the various installations (all of which have been joint with NATO member countries) throughout Afghanistan.

I have recently been made aware that a I will work with Afghan judges at the Justice Center in Parwan (aka the JCIP) after my time Herat.  The JCIP is located near Bagram Air Base.  At this point things are fluid and I am just going with the flow.  I've enclosed some pictures of the geography near Manas Air Base in Kyrgyzstan, Kandahar Air Field (KAF) and Kabul Afghanistan International Airport (KAIA).

Manas Air Base:

 Kandahar Air Field:

 Kabul Afghanistan International Airport:

 Note the blue mosque above.
Pictures of Herat, Bagram and anywhere else I'll go to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment