Friday, September 20, 2013

Four Hundred!

In recent years I let my physical well-being go for a variety of reasons.  One thing that this deployment has allowed me to do is recommit myself to fitness.  In so doing, I achieved something that seemed impossible less than six months ago.  On Tuesday, I completed my 400th mile since arriving at Camp Sabalu-Harrison.  As I arrived at CSH on May 28th, this means I averaged 3.6+ miles per day for the last 111 days!

In October I will relocate to Camp Eggers in Kabul, Afghanistan for the rest of my time in AFG.  I look forward to seeing another part of the country as well as performing a new role with our NATO partners here.

Next update:  Life at Camp Eggers.

Cheers,
Ben

1 comment:

  1. Nice work dude! I've been getting back into things as well and started trail running. Dropped about 8 lbs and getting ripped again.

    ReplyDelete