Saturday, July 20, 2013

IA Update



On July 8th, I had the opportunity to brief Col. Lindsey Graham, JA, USAF (aka Senator Graham) concerning the success at the Justice Center in Parwan (JCIP) and its best practices. Having the Senator's attention for nearly an hour to discuss the possibility to export the success of the JCIP to outlying provinces was an experience that I will remember for the rest of my life. The biggest highlight of the brief was when Col. Graham used one of my terms during subsequent discussion!

On July 14th, I ran my first road race in over a decade. I ran in the Bagram Boilermaker (15K) which was a shadow run with the Utica (NY) Boilermaker. We started at 5:30 a.m. to avoid running in the heat...sure didn't seem like it by mile 5! Quite surprisingly, I ran it in 1:10:45. For those of you who may not know, I've lost about 40 pounds over the past 6-7 months and have added about 10 pounds of muscle. It's amazing how bad food (which results in eating less) and having nothing else to do in your free time but workout can improve your health and lifestyle. Anyway, here's a photo of me crossing the Bagram Boilermaker finish line flashing a "Fight On!"




2 comments:

  1. That's awesome dude. Good job on both fronts. I got the postcard, very nice. You should look into driving one of those trucks. All is well over here. Just got back from London for work and heading to Montana for vacation. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks brother. Hope all is well and that you enjoy your time in Montana...please send my best to Hunter!

      Delete