Sunday, March 31, 2013

Coast Guard Camouflage

Having been at Fort Dix for over a week now, I have come across of each of the armed services (Navy, Marine Corps, Army and Air Force) and the Coast Guard (AKA "the Puddle Pirates").  I have also learned about each service's (and the Coast Guard's) various uniforms.  Notably, the Coast Guard's combat uniform is identical to that of the Navy Type III (NCU) and similar to that of the Marine Corps Combat Utility Uniform (MCCUU or MARPAT) uniforms.  While it is understandable for the Navy and Marine Corps to share a similar looking uniform, I believe that the Coast Guard should create their own separate uniform.  In order to assist them I have located an acceptable pattern -- Coast Guard Camouflage!

This is the scent tree from the government vehicle that my training unit has been using while at NIACT.   I hope that everyone enjoys my humor as it pertains to inter-service rivalries...though I don't consider the Coast Guard a true "armed service."

Best,
Ben

1 comment:

  1. So coast guard are like Navy guys except they couldn't learn to swim in the deep water?

    ReplyDelete